ADSM-L

Cluster setup

2002-01-02 16:17:36
Subject: Cluster setup
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:09:43 -0800
I'm working on setting this up on a new cluster. The redbook that Tivoli
directed me to is a bit out of date. I can tell because when I tried to
install the first service it gave errors of missing options. Maybe someone
can help me a bit on this.

The cluter name is CP-ITS-SQLCL01
the node names associated with this are
SQLCLPD1
SQLCLPD2

SQLCLPD1 has these groups associated with it:
SQL01

SQLCLPD2 has these groups associated with it.
SQL03
SQLDEV
DCMSQLPD

Here is what I put together to get the SQL01 group going on SQLCLPD1. The
service installed and started ok.
dsmcutil inst /name:"TSM Schedule Service for SQL01" /clientdir:"C:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" /optfile:E:\TSM\sql01.opt /clusternode:yes
/clustername:cp-its-sqlcl01 /node:cp-its-sqlcl01 /password:test
/validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes

Can someone help me with what I have to do to get the rest of the groups
installed with their own service? I have 3 nodes registered in TSM,
SQLCLPD1, SQLCLPD2(both for the local disk backups), and CP-ITS-SQLCL01 for
the rest. Is this the easiest/preferred way to setup TSM?

Options file for SQL01 group. Is there anything I can delete from this? Is
there anything I need to add?

LANG AMENG

COMMmethod TCPIP

TCPServeraddress adsm

TCPPort 1500

compression on

COMPRESSALWAYS NO

Clusternode Y

REPLACE PROMPT

SUBDIR Y

TCPBUFFSIZE 32

TCPWINDOWSIZE 63

passwordaccess generate

resourceutilization 2

changingretries 2

maxcmdretries 2

queryschedperiod 24

Retryperiod 15

Schedmode prompted

SCHEDLOGNAME E:\TSM\dsmclsched.log

ERRORLOGNAME E:\TSM\dsmclerror.log

SCHEDLOGRETENTION 7,D

ERRORLOGRETENTION 7,D

tapeprompt no

Quiet

DOMAIN E: F: G:

Exclude.dir *:\TEMP\...\*

EXCLUDE "*:\RECYCLED\...\*"

EXCLUDE "*:\RECYCLER\...\*"

Exclude *:\...\*.mdf

Exclude *:\...\*.ldf

Exclude *:\...\*.dbf

Exclude *:\...\*.nsf

Exclude *:\...\*.dat

Exclude *:\...\*.tmp

As always thanks for the help....and Happy New Year to all.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614