ADSM-L

moving data between pools

2002-01-02 16:00:45
Subject: moving data between pools
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:56:03 -0500
Hi All-

I have a Magstar tape library that I am phasing out.  I only have a couple
of tapes left with data.
I have an existing StorageTek 9740 tape library that i would like to use
exclusively.

When I do a Q libv I get:

Library Name   Volume Name   Status       Owner        Last Use    Home
Element
------------   -----------   ----------   ----------   ---------
------------
------------
MAGSTAR        03F9A8        Private                               32
MAGSTAR        03F9A8        Private                               32
MAGSTAR        063D56        Private                               33
TEKWOLF        000003        Private                   Data        66
TEKWOLF        000004        Private                   Data        73
TEKWOLF        000005        Private                   Data        163
TEKWOLF        000006        Private                   Data        290
etc...

But, when I look in the web gui I can only see the 063D56  volume and NOT
the 03F9A8 volume???  Why would this be?  It is a copy pool volume.
(I can see all of the TEKWOLF volumes.)

So, I am trying to move the data to a tape in my StorageTek library, but
apparently you cannot move data from a copy pool to any other pool!

Does anyone know if there is a way to move this data?
And how come the other tape volume (03F9A8) doesn't show in my web gui?

TSM 3.7.4
AIX 4.3.3
Thanks!
Marc Levitan