ADSM-L

Reusing Old Tapes

2001-12-27 09:34:51
Subject: Reusing Old Tapes
From: Angelos Loizou <loizou_a AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:17:18 +0200
Anybody can help me with this :
I 'm using an IBM Ultrium tape library with 7 tapes.
A few weeks ago my first set of tapes were full so I got another set of 7
and checked them in TSM. All worked fine.
Now the second set is full and I need to reuse the first set for backups.
TSM will not allow me to checkin the volumes as scratch resulting in failing
backups with an error :

ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no scratch volume available.

What do I have to do in order to reuse my old set of tapes?

Thanks in advance,
Angelos