ADSM-L

Re: backup/restore window

2001-12-27 01:21:35
Subject: Re: backup/restore window
From: Visvam Kumaraguru <visvamk AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:03:58 -0800
Backup Window - The Backup window contains objects
that represent directories and files on your
workstation.

Use this window to select the directories and files
you want to back up. You can also request TSM to run
an estimate for the backup or change processing
options, such as compression.

Tasks for this window:

1.Working with your Directories
2.Working with your Files
3.Searching for a file by name
4.Filtering the directory tree
5.Changing backup options
6.Estimating a backup

Objects:

1.Directory tree
2.File list
3.Column Heading

To access help for a field, control, or object in the
window, position the cursor on the item and press the
F1 key.

Related Information:

1.Backing up files for recovery

Restore Window - The Restore window contains objects
which represent directories and files that you backed
up to the TSM server.

Use this window to select the objects that you want to
restore. You can also request TSM to run an estimate
for the restore or change processing options.

Tasks for this window:

1.Working with your Directories
2.Working with your Files
3.Searching for a file by name
4.Filtering the directory tree
5.Changing restore options
6.Estimating a restore

Objects:

1.Directory tree
2.File list

To access help for a field, control, or object in the
window, position the cursor on the item and press the
F1 key.

Related Information:

1.Restoring Backup Versions