ADSM-L

APAR IC31996

2001-12-26 06:57:41
Subject: APAR IC31996
From: Juan Manuel Lspez <jmlopez AT NNE DOT ES>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:41:21 +0100
Hi.
I have got a TSM Server 4.1.4 running on HP/UX 11.0.
Every time server contact with the clients to make a scheduled backup, the end
of tcp comunications leaves sockets conection on " closed " status and never
end. When there are a lots of this " not well closed conections ", the TSM
server hangs and tcp does not work any more, unless restart the tsm server (
dsmserv -quiet & ).
IBM suppport told me to upgrade my tsm server to 4.1.5.0
I4ve done, and now there are still a lot of this closed conections on the
server, so it is working properly, ( not hang ).
Anyway, I4ve found that every " closed " conection on server mean a "
time_wait_2 " on the client.
If I change the tcp client parameter " tcp_fin_wait_2_timeout " to 60 seg. the
client close the socket and the server close the " closed " comunication.
The cuestion is :
Do you know this problem ?
Do you know if it is necesary to install an upgrade on the client ?
I accept any investigation or any suggest about this " not normal " tcp
procedure on TSM server running on HP/UX 11.0.
Thanks.
Juanma.