ADSM-L

Re: backup/recovery

2001-12-23 09:37:26
Subject: Re: backup/recovery
From: "Anderson F. Nobre" <anderson AT SOLVO.COM DOT BR>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:15:57 -0200
Thank you Daniel! I´ve not considered this alternative.

Merry Christmas,

Anderson
  Hi

  How about using HSM on your Netware fileserver?

  This way you get 2 things:

  1. You save a lot of disk, and doesn't have to expand the disk capacity on
your fileserver that often.

  2. A much more faster restore.

  About 60% of the data on your fileserver can be concidered archived data,
that is rarely used by your users. Moving this to tape, but with stubfiles left
on the fileservers disk, means that the users will see all files, but files
that have been moved, taks about 15-20 seconds longer to access than normal
files.

  You will also get a lot more free diskspace(about 180GB on your fileserver
that is 300GB).

  The migrated data doesn't have to be restored to the fileserver in an event
of disaster. This means you only have to restore 40% of your fileserver, or
120GB.

  Knozall have an HSM client for Netware called FileWizard TSM. We're running
this both on on of your customers sites, and in our own lab, and it works like
a clock.

  Best Regards

  Daniel Sparrman

  Daniel Sparrman
  Exist i Stockholm AB
  Bergkällavägen 31D
  192 79 SOLLENTUNA
  Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
  Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

  "Anderson F. Nobre" <anderson AT SOLVO.COM DOT BR>