ADSM-L

Win 2000 devices

2001-12-21 11:29:34
Subject: Win 2000 devices
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:15:53 -0600
Folks, I am a Unix admin / storage admin but I have recently been given the
task of administering a remote TSM server. The O/S for this box is Win 2000
with SP2. Our remote server is at  TSM 4.1.5.

Our local NT admin and the remote NT admin (at the boxes location) spent
most of the afternoon yesterday fumbling with a Tivoli support person who
was unlucky enough to receive our trouble call.  It seems there are a bunch
of ways it might be possible to install scsi, tape and library drivers with
multiple versions of some of these drivers on the install CD and other
versions available from the IBM ftp site. The Tivoli support person who
responded to the call knew less than our guys and all are now totally
confused as to what/how to install the drivers. We now have all devices
showing up in the O/S but they have yellow circles with exclamation marks
for the library and drives. We have a Magstar 3575L24 with four 3570C
drives.
Are there install instructions out there that provide the necessary detail
to to this right? If you have this or a similar set up,
can you provide any tips on which Microsoft drivers vs which TSM drivers to
use and which drivers you actually ARE using? Also provide the hardware
microcode level used with your set up. I really need to get this set up and
with the holidays looming, TSM support will probably not get better ;-)
Thanks

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises