ADSM-L

4.2.1.15 NT Journal Service FILLING EventLog

2001-12-21 10:30:18
Subject: 4.2.1.15 NT Journal Service FILLING EventLog
From: "Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:25:37 -0600
Happy Holidays, *SMers!

Just a FYI! We have upgraded some of our NT 4.0 clients to 4.2.1.15 to take
advantage
of the Journal Based backups, but it seems to be more of a BURDEN! The
Journal Service
seems to be accessing the clients every second for files to process, backup,
skip, etc...
(this is normal), but it is filling up the EventLog with a message EVERY
SECOND! That
is not acceptable because if there was ever a real problem on one of the NT
boxes then
the EventLog would be flooded with these Journal Messages! It would prevent
the CRITICAL
messages from revealing themselves!

Anyone else noticed this???????????

So, we have decided to just STOP all Journal Services & disable them until
Tivoli comes
up with a better solution!  The Journal Service needs more tweaking!!!!

Regards,

Demetrius Malbrough
UNIX/TSM Administrator