ADSM-L

TSM Crashing

2001-12-21 09:59:45
Subject: TSM Crashing
From: "Anderson, Michael - HMIS" <Michael_Anderson AT HMIS DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:49:20 -0500
        Is there a known bug in TSM 4.1.0 (AIX) We have been running since
February, but all of a sudden the last few
      days my TSM server keeps crashing. It has crashed the last three days
and five of the last seven. It has come at
      different times of the day and I can't seem to find a common link. The
TSM log just stops and the AIX error log says
      a core dump software abnormal termination. I figure if I call support,
the first thing they will tell me is what I want to do,
      upgrade to the latest 4.1 ( I believe 4.1.4). However I have very
little AIX knowledge and have to wait for our AIX people.
      If I can tell them that there are known bugs and that this should fix
the problem, it may light a fire under them. Any
      ammo or help would be appreciated.

      Mike Anderson
      Michael_anderson AT hmis DOT org

confidential