ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2000 server bare metal

2001-12-20 16:58:23
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 server bare metal
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:55:36 -0600
MS has an article on "How to move a Windows 2000 installation to Different
Hardware", but it uses NTbackup to move the System Objects.

I am in the process of testing this procedure using TSM on different
hardware.

There is a redpiece on W2K restores (SG24-6141-00) that is pretty good that
is for situations when you restore back to the same hardware.

I am testing DR situations where we would have to restore W2K servers to a
hot site that didn't have "exactly" the same hardware.

Matt Adams
Tivoli Storage Manager Team
Hermitage Site Tech
Deloitte & Touche USA LLP