ADSM-L

Re: VMS Client Performance

2001-12-20 16:34:46
Subject: Re: VMS Client Performance
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:32:21 -0600
You know I had a problem similar to this.  We were doing a large restore of
a system disk about 50,000 files 1.6Gb.  It took about 20 minutes to build
the file list.  When it started restoring it restored 1Gb fast and then the
session hung for 45minutes.  So I killed the session from TSM and it
reconnected and started moving files again from where it left off but after
about 30Mb more it hung again.  So I killed the session from TSM again and
it reconnected and did another 10Mb and hung again.  This happened about 5
times before it completed.  I don't understand why it would hang.  It wasn't
waiting for a tape mount, it would just sit there.  It took us 2hours to
restore 1.6GB.

Richard