ADSM-L

Windows 2000 server bare metal

2001-12-20 16:24:42
Subject: Windows 2000 server bare metal
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:08:41 -0500
Is there any information out there about bare metal restores for Windows
2000 Server?

I have read it is similar to the baremetal for NT4, however what I am
looking for how find out that registry keys I need to adjust if
restoring on to a box that is has hardware that is not the same. With
NT4 I can get around it because all hardware information is stored in
the root of C. But 2000 server the hardware is stored in the registry
and I am just wondering if there are any other areas that would also
have this information hidden.

Thanks

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited