ADSM-L

TDPO / RMAN restore question

2001-12-19 19:17:42
Subject: TDPO / RMAN restore question
From: Neil Sharp <neil AT DYADIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:14:04 +0000
Morning / afternoon / good day to you all

I was wondering if anybody can help with this issue.

I want to be able to restore a Oracle DB that was backed up using TDPO and
RMAN from one node to another node.
I have already thought about spoofing the target machine by either copying
across or modifying the dsm.opt, dsm.sys and
tdpo.opt file but would prefer a more elegant method. I have reviewed the
TDPO documentation and found no help there.
I have also looked at the 'set access' function on the client but this
only applies to the BA client.

Thanks in advance and a happy Christmas to you all

Neil Sharp
E-mail : neil AT dyadic DOT com