ADSM-L

Re: TSM win2k cluster install

2001-12-19 12:00:28
Subject: Re: TSM win2k cluster install
From: "Brown, Bud" <Bud.Brown AT DHHA DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:57:48 -0700
I have a win2k cluster as well.  We currently have the local
backup/archive client backing up each associated resource on each
cluster node.  I want to configure TSM for failover services as well.
My understanding of the install goes like this:
1.  Install the b/a client on both cluster nodes.
2.  Create a local dsm.opt file for each cluster node and schedule
service.
3.  Create an additional dsm.opt file(with clusternode=yes) for each
cluster group and place it on a resource drive the opt file is
associated with.(make sure the proper resource drives are failed over to
each clusternode to ensure access)
4.  Create a seperate schedule for each cluster group.  I.e. If you
have: svrA, svrB, clusternodeA, clusternodeB.  There would be 3
schedules on each server:  SVRA: svrAsched, clusternodeAsched,
clusternodeBsched.  SVRB:  svrBsched, clusternodeAsched,
clusternodeBsched.
5.  Create a Generic Service on each Clustergroup to handle failover.

My question is by creating seperate groups for the TSM backups, does
that handle failover more gracefully?  I ask this because we had issues
on first attempt of failover and backed out of the procedure to do more
research.  I am not terribly familiar with MS Cluster so if this is a
stupid question I apologize in advance.

Bud Brown
Information Services
Systems Administrator