ADSM-L

Re: Novell GroupWise

2001-12-17 13:43:36
Subject: Re: Novell GroupWise
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:40:42 -0600
I am, sort of. We are moving to TSM from another product. It is my
understanding that with GroupWise we are going to make sure there are no users
online at the time (of the backup). I'm also led to believe that everything in
GroupWise are files. By booting the the users off this should prevent any
problems from TSM to backup the (plain) files.

Please let me know what you find.

Miles

-------------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"
>>> morrism1 AT CO.GWINNETT.GA DOT US 17-Dec-01 12:01:28 PM >>>
>>> morrism1 AT CO.GWINNETT.GA DOT US 17-Dec-01 12:01:28 PM >>>
I need to know if anyone is backing up Novell's GroupWise and if so what are
the parameters in backing it up.  Such as does it have to be shut down to get a
proper backup.