ADSM-L

TDP for SQL performance options

2001-12-13 15:08:15
Subject: TDP for SQL performance options
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:05:28 -0600
Info:

TDP for SQL ver 2.2 running on W2K server running SP2 and SQL2000.

I am looking to enhance the default settings for the TDP for SQL GUI.  We
have one client that has lots of small DB's so that when you open the
restore GUI, it takes a long time to "see" available DB's and corresponding
logs.  There are probably 150 different DB's that are unfortunately inherent
to the application using SQL as its repository and this number could grow.
We are currently keeping 14 days worth of data.

Is this just something were going to have to deal with??
Can there be some adjustments to the client settings??
Can a cmd line query be a better solution??
Or is this more dependent on the size of our TSM DB that it has to query to
display the results??

Thanks,

Matt Adams
Deloitte & Touche USA LLP