ADSM-L

Re: Management class for incr and full backups with TDP for Excha nge 2.2

2001-12-12 14:40:16
Subject: Re: Management class for incr and full backups with TDP for Excha nge 2.2
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:51:49 -0500
Del, I read the readme (that sounds strange!) and it says that for
incremental's tdp always uses unique file names so the parameter that
governs how many copies to keep is the retonly variable. Does this mean that
full backups use the same name every time and the parameter to use is the
retextra? I know with v1 it used the server name and date to denote the
backup set name which would also be unique. Can you clear this up for me???

Thanks,
Mark