ADSM-L

lan free on 3494

2001-12-12 10:22:20
Subject: lan free on 3494
From: Richard Bates <Richard_Bates AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:21:40 +0000
Config:
TSM Server v4.2 running on AIX
8 x 3590 FC attached drives
TSM Client v4.2 running on NT.  BA client and storage agent v4.2.

I'm trying to setup LAN-free on an NT client.  I've done all the config as
follows:

all zoning so that client and server can see FC drives
installed storage agent and device driver on client
installed api on client
all option file configuration
all the dsmsta and define server commands
define drivemap
etc etc

basically everything the book tells me to do.  My storage agent is up and
running OK.

However when I try a LAN-free backup the client returns the message "Server
media mount not possible".  The server has similar to the following in the
actlog:

ANR8369E - (message from <STORAGEAGENT>) ........... Library 3494p3 not
defined

ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume T30282 - mount failed.

Any suggestions?  Anything special I need to do to get 3494 lan-free to
work?  The manual makes little or no mention of this type of library.