ADSM-L

TSM Pricing Model Comments

2001-12-11 19:54:51
Subject: TSM Pricing Model Comments
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:51:29 -0500
I have to echo your comments about the business partners.  When I was at the
Storage Symposium in Las Vegas there were many Tivoli business partners
there.  They were some really bright people and were fully aware of the
pricing methodologies.

Our Tivoli Representative out of NC is has been very good at explaining the
pricing to us.  It was surprising to me that so many people were up in arms
about this issue.  It was really simple to me via a Passport Agreement that
we recently did.

I grant you that value based software pricing models are difficult to
understand for those that have not been involved, but being a mainframe
background person this was really simple compared to some of the pricing
models on the mainframe.

The day is coming for Bill to start charging for Windows by the hour of
usage and you will have to be .NET connected to even work.  To work offline
you will have to purchase usage ahead of schedule.  Your credit card number
will be on the logon screen.