ADSM-L

Win2k Server Recovery using TSM 4.2.1.0

2001-12-11 13:17:56
Subject: Win2k Server Recovery using TSM 4.2.1.0
From: "Lilly, David" <David.Lilly AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:54:24 -0500
I am having a difficult time performing a complete recovery of a Win2k SP2
member server running IIS.  I am using TSM client 4.2.1.0 (before and after)
on the server.

I located a Redbook,
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg246141.html?
Open
<http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg246141.html
?Open> , which was helpful, but seems to be out of date.  For example, in
section 6.2.3.5 Step 11, letter b. does not occur.  Also, the restore does
not run cleanly.  I get one error, ANS1335E (Importing RSM database files
failed...).  In addition, the IIS services (FTP, WWW, SMTP) do not start
after the reboot, Event ID 7023 An attempt was made to reference a token
that does not exist.  The DSM.OPT file referenced in the Redbook was used to
back up the server.

I have tried the Redbook procedure carefully three times without success.

Is there another procedure available for recovering a Win2k server using
TSM?  Using TSM client 4.2.1.0?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

David Lilly