ADSM-L

Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library

2001-12-10 15:47:03
Subject: Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:40:16 -0500
But If I do what you suggest it would also checkout the tapes for my onsite
copies that are full right?  I am looking for a way to check out multiples
tapes with one command (running a script would be my guess) to take a list
of predetermined tapes out of a LTO 3583.  I want to be able to check out
the OFFSITE tapes that are full and filling and the daily DB backup that is
in the OFF devclass.

Is ther a script that will allow me to identify them and then create a
macro file that could be run from to check them out one by one with
REMOVE=BULK?\

If anyone has this would you mind sharing?

Thanks for your help,

Etienne Brodeur

                    Martin Trcka
                    <mtrcka@SMPAS        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .CZ>                 cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Script to CHECKOUT
multiples tapes on SCSI library
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2001-12-10
                    08:07 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

>  Is the MOVE MEDIA a command I could use to do this?
Yes.
Issue "MOVE MEDIA * STG=*  wherestatus=full", f.e. This will check all full
tapes from your library out.

Martin Trcka