ADSM-L

Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library

2001-12-10 15:38:07
Subject: Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:31:21 -0500
That is a very good question, sinbce I don't have DRM (or at least I didn't
buy it so I am not using it).  Could you give me an exemple of how your
script pulls a list a tapes to be checked out?  I am new to TSM and finding
that doint it manually takes forever if I have multiples tapes to take out
(which I always do).

Thanks

Etienne Brodeur

                    Ken Long
                    <ken.long@WHE        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    DA.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Script to CHECKOUT
multiples tapes on SCSI library
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2001-12-07
                    10:30 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

How many of the various DR commands are usable if we haven't purchased the
separate DRM module?  Back in the ADSM v2 days, in lieu of purchasing DRM,
we developed AIX shell scripts which manage the checkout process.  Since
then, I've ignored the DR commands as I thought they weren't available for
my use because I didn't purchase DRM.

Our current setup uses TSM server scripts to build a list of volumes to be
checked out, then uses an AIX script to convert the list into a macro to
execute the checkout commands.

                    Farren Minns
                    <fminns@WILEY        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .CO.UK>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Script to
CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    12/07/2001
                    09:14 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I use the command

move drm * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk

That should be the kind of thing you are after.

Thanks

Farren Minns

Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07/12/2001
14:13:59