ADSM-L

Re: Point system has me very confused

2001-12-07 21:15:09
Subject: Re: Point system has me very confused
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:11:32 -0600
The  big thing behind the "point system" is that you buy a bunch of Tivoli
points.
Now, you have them all sucked up in TSM, TWS (workload scheduler) and
software distribution.
You now expand your data center but a dozen machines but you've used up all
your points and you don't want to buy any more.
Looking into things you realize that on 20 existing machines you have NEVER
use software distribution SO you just drop it from those 20 machines and use
the "freed points" to apply towards TSM client & TWS points for your new 12
machines.
(I don't know the exact value of each of the products so I don't know if my
comparison is anywhere near accurate)
but you get the gist of things...

and as far as old machines go... the cost of support of older machines is
just another way to justify to management that they would be way ahead if
they would just give that old piece of #@$%^ to you and let you take it home
just to get it out of there ;-)

later,
        Dwight