ADSM-L

Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library

2001-12-07 10:16:36
Subject: Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:14:55 +0000
I use the command

move drm * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk

That should be the kind of thing you are after.

Thanks

Farren Minns

Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07/12/2001
14:13:59

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Thanks for the help,

     From I have been reading the MOVE MEDIA command is to allow you to
move onsite tapes to an overflow location.  What I want to be able to do is
to identify which tapes I need to send offsite and with one command check
them out, instead of having to check the tapes out one at a time, ie one
command per tape I want to checkout.  Right now if I have 8 tapes to
checkout to the offsite vault I need to execute 8 commands.  I would like
to be bale to use one command to do this such as specifying a list which is
why I was trying to use the VOLFILE option.  Is the MOVE MEDIA a command I
could use to do this?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Etienne Brodeur

                    Martin Trcka
                    <mtrcka@SMPAS        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .CZ>                 cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Script to
CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2001-12-07
                    08:29 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Doesn't MOVE MEDIA command meet your needs ?

Martin Trcka