ADSM-L

Re: Problems with LTO 3581 - URGENT

2001-12-06 15:13:04
Subject: Re: Problems with LTO 3581 - URGENT
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:51:19 -0500
You don't need to specify an element number with a LTO 3581 since it only
has one drive.  Do the command again without the element number and it
should work as long as you use the IBM driver in Windows2000.

Etienne Brodeur

                    Mauricio
                    Angelino             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    Massa                cc:
                    <mmassa AT BR DOT IB        Subject:     Problems with LTO
3581 - URGENT
                    M.COM>
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2001-12-06
                    12:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

*SMers, we're trying to use a LTO 3581in a Windows 2000 server.

When we try to define a drive, with:

define drive lb1.0.0.2 LTO device=\\.\tape0 element=16 online=yes

we receive the following message:

ANR8366E Define drive: invalid value for element parameter.

We tried element number from 16 to 30 without success.

Any gotchas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
     Mauricio