ADSM-L

Re: TSM, Tivoli, Shark and EMC

2001-12-05 11:31:09
Subject: Re: TSM, Tivoli, Shark and EMC
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:26:09 -0500
Flashcopy is NOT a Tivoli product. It is a feature of the ESS. There are TDP
agents for both ESS using Flashcopy  and EMC using TimeFinder, but only in
support of Oracle. But scripting some flashcopy tasks to create copy LUNs
and bring them online to your backup server wouldn't be too hard to do. On
NT and AIX, there is a command line interface for Flashcopy. I'm not sure
what's available for EMC. You could probably script the TimeFinder
operations for EMC in much the same way.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
"I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - ??