ADSM-L

Re: Scripted synchronised backups..

2001-12-04 14:03:56
Subject: Re: Scripted synchronised backups..
From: "Walker, Thomas" <Thomas.Walker AT EMICAP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:01:11 -0500
rsh is pretty similiar to rexec. The main difference is that rexec uses
$HOME/.netrc to determine access and rsh uses $HOME/.rhosts

The command would be

rsh server1 <command>

Just like rexec.

A sample .rhosts file would be

server1 user1
server2 user2

and so on.

If you run SP you can kerberize your user which is much more secure and you
won't need (and shouldn't use) .rhosts

And although we've all seen it, this is a big no-no

server1 root

I'd setup a restricted user to do this.

--
Tom Walker
Tom Walker

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The
unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
forbidden.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Recorded Music, North America