ADSM-L

Re: API / Client compatible?

2001-12-03 15:39:54
Subject: Re: API / Client compatible?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:37:11 -0500
I'm not sure to what you refer when you say "command line utilities".
Which command line utilites do you mean? B-A client or some API
application (like command line interface to TDP for MS Exchange)?

In general, you can not write an API application to restore backup
versions created by the regular backup-archive client. It doesn't matter
whether the backups were created with the B-A CLI, scheduler service
(which is a backup-archive client in its own right), GUI, or Web Client.

You could, in theory, create an API application to restore backup versions
created by another API application, but you would have to have intimate
knowledge of the structure of the data that was backed up by the other API
application.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Dave Cramer <davec AT fastcrypt DOT com>
12/03/2001 12:20
Please respond to davec