ADSM-L

Re: WIN2k server losing the password

2001-12-01 23:32:04
Subject: Re: WIN2k server losing the password
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 23:26:33 -0500
I ran/run into this on some clients. What I found is that if you don't
specify the NODENAME in the DSM.OPT file and let it default to the
computername of the client...you'll see this problem..IF....the value
returned for the computer name is in LOWER CASE characters.

Part of my install is to do a "SET | MORE" and check the value of
COMPUTERNAME. if it is in lower case chars, then I code the nodename in both
the DSM.OPT file and on the DSMCUTIL command(s) that install the scheduler
and client interface services.

I've never opened up a PMR with Tivoli on this. The number of servers are
few and far between and usually I don't have access to be able to do trouble
shooting for them.

I've seen this on both the 3.7 and 4.1 client levels.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.