ADSM-L

Netware Client Question

2001-11-30 13:32:18
Subject: Netware Client Question
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:26:28 -0500
Hi, I've recently upgraded my Netware clients to 4.1.3 and per the README
file, I switched from running scheduled events with DSMC SCHEDULE to using
DSMCAD as per directed. The person who I inherited *SM from had not used to
-PASSWORD and -USER parameters on DSMC SCHEDULE. This caused *SM to prompt
for a user ID and password whenever a Novell server was rebooted. This was
for a user ID and password whenever a Novell server was rebooted. This was
not really a problem because the servers were seldom rebooted. The problem
I've encountered is that since the schedule service is spawned by DSMCAD the
backup does not run because a "USERID:" prompt pops up each time.

My question is this: Should I load DSMCAD in the AUTOEXEC.NCF file this way:

LOAD DSMCAD -USER=blah -PASSWORD=blah?

    Thanks,
       Al

Alan Davenport