ADSM-L

Re: Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions

2001-11-30 10:48:03
Subject: Re: Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:46:21 -0500
Is it possible to assign a group of tapes to hold a group of backup
sets?. I have 5 servers that I am creating backup sets on a daily basis
(collocation is turned on, and I have 10 drives, so the creation time
frame is pretty fast). But can I bundle all these servers onto a few
tapes?

My over all goal (when Tivoli fixes the backup set option and adds the
ability to drill down the backup set with the gui) is to use backup sets
in place of monthly archives.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am unable to perform my daily
backups during an archive weekend. Changing to Backup Sets will fix this
problem.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited