ADSM-L

Re: Experienced Admin needs help with Novell - be careful excluding Tivoli directory

2001-11-30 08:57:47
Subject: Re: Experienced Admin needs help with Novell - be careful excluding Tivoli directory
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:56:59 +0200
Herfried,

just a remark:
I did not installed TSM client on Netware (yet) and do not know its
directory structure but for other platforms I exclude C:\Tivoli\TSM or
/usr/tivoli/tsm (/opt/tivoli/tsm).
The reason is that I have to deal also with Tivoli Enterprise products. And
they use same sort of "tivoli" directory. For example on my OS/2 PC TSM
client is in C:\Tivoli\TSM and the Endpoint of the Tivoli Management
Framework is in C:\Tivoli\LCF. On Windows platforms the Endpoint can be
either in C:\Tivoli\lcf or in "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\lcf". And even if
recovery of an Endpoint is not so difficult but we cannot say the same for
TMF Managed Nodes or Netware Gateways.
Tivoli Management Framework product is a foundation for successful work of
nearly all other Tivoli products so fault to backup it is an important
issue.
I do not know how many people on this list are familiar with Tivoli
Enterprise Products but am surprised to see such huge corporation as yours
that does not know or use it.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM> on 27.11.2001 09:44:18