ADSM-L

Re: netware/groupwise archives

2001-11-28 16:42:42
Subject: Re: netware/groupwise archives
From: Keith Jones <JonesK AT DHSS.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:38:07 -0600
The Groupwise is shutdown at 11pm and starts backup up at 5am. The archive
starts at 11:15.. and is still running at 8 in the morning.. I usually have to
stop it manually..

>>> stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM 11/28/01 02:51PM >>>
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:14:22 -0600, it was written:

>We have started backing up the Netware Servers on our network which are all at
>5.1.. we are currently on TSM 4.1, the incrementals are working good not a lot
>of problem there.. But when it comes to archiving the Groupwise volumes it
>takes a long time.  same with when it expires the files.. there is about 12.8
>gig but this is made up of a lot of small files. Is anyone archiving Groupwise
>off of a Netware server and is there a way to speed up the archiving of a lot
>of small files.?

Do you shut down the Groupwise app during archiving? If not, the fact
that Groupwise keeps a lot of its files open would cause multiple
retries on backups and archives.