ADSM-L

Problems with TDPO_OPTFILE

2001-11-28 12:58:31
Subject: Problems with TDPO_OPTFILE
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:55:18 -0800
hi,

>I can't set TDPO_OPTFILE to any other value than tdpo.opt in the default
>installation directory, because values like TDPO_NODE etc. are not
>recognized. I work with AIX V4.3.3 both TSM server and client, TSM Server
>V4.1 and TDP for Oracle V2.2.Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!

I don't quite follow your question.  What are you trying to do?  Are you
trying to give a different file name other than tdpo.opt or trying to use
TDPO_NODE option?  From our testing, we haven't really encountered any
problem with changing values like TDPO_NODE through tdpo.opt file.

Are you having problem during backup/restore or with utilities?  I would
recommend using "tdpoconf showenv -tdpo_optfile=<fully qualified name to
the tdpo.opt file>" and see whether it picks up the correct NODENAME or
not.

regards,
Thiha