ADSM-L

New TSM implementation - Hardware Requirements

2001-11-28 12:43:02
Subject: New TSM implementation - Hardware Requirements
From: "Gates, Gerald P." <gerry_gates AT MAIL.NORTHGRUM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:25:07 -0800
Can you please point me to the Tivoli implementation manual? I'm tiring to
determine the Sun hardware, Tape library and disk storage requirements for a
new TSM implementation. Currently we have a Sun E450, ADIC scalar 1000 AIT2,
Veritas software for backup's. The corporation wants everyone to move to
TSM. I'm planning to get new hardware for the TSM backup system and run both
backup systems in parallel for a few months to make sure everything is
working before I turn off Veritas. For 2002 budget purposes I'm trying to
determine the hardware requirements for TSM.
Gerry Gates