ADSM-L

CommonStore for SAP and TSM

2001-11-28 10:29:28
Subject: CommonStore for SAP and TSM
From: "Norback, Jan" <Jan.Norback AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:21:01 +0100
Hi,
I am in the process of planning for the TSM setup of CommonStore for SAP and
hope that there are some good advice out there on the following questions:
-Is there a way to configure Commonstore to store 2 copies in parallel to 2
different TSM servers for redundancy or is the only alternative an offsite
different TSM servers for redundancy or is the only alternative an offsite
copy within one TSM server through normal backup storage pool? It doesn't
look like I can use 2 TSM servers from the documentation that I have seen so
far.
-What impact will the Commonstored objects have on the TSM DB? Is there a
one-to-one mapping or can X CommonStore objects be represented as 1 TSM
one-to-one mapping or can X CommonStore objects be represented as 1 TSM
object through some internal commonstore DB? I am looking for advice
regarding the TSM DB growth.
-IBM has sold our customer a solution that stores the data directly to
optical storage. Any comments? Are you using a disk pool first or are you
optical storage. Any comments? Are you using a disk pool first or are you
storing directly to optical storage and/or tape?
-Anyone got any better documentation then the manual?
Regards,
Regards,
Jan Norback
Tivoli Certified Consultant: ADSM/TSM
IBM Cert. Adv. Technical Expert RS/6000 AIX
Atos Origin-IT (MS/DS/OSS Unix)
VA-173, PO-box 218, 5600 MD Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Groenewoudseweg 1 5621 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Email: Jan.Norback AT Atosorigin DOT com
Tel: +31 (0)40-2780289
Mobile: +31 (0)6-12994492
Fax     : +31 40 2783962