ADSM-L

Re: SQL restore problem please HELP!!!!!!!

2001-11-28 08:14:33
Subject: Re: SQL restore problem please HELP!!!!!!!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:12:15 -0500
> I'm testing backup and restore of SQL databases of SQL Server 8.00 and
7.00
> .
>The backups as no problems but when I do a restore I get the following
error

> ACO2590W -- The amount of data exceeds the available buffer space for
this
> query.

Hugo,

Are you using TDP for SQL version 1?  If so, there was an internal
limit on the number of databases that could be queried at one time.
The README file documents it like this:

 Limit to TSM database queries

   When querying TSM for the databases that have been backed up,
   there is a limit on the number that will be displayed due to
   internal buffer limitations.  When querying TSM for more than 500
   or so databases, it is possible that the limit will be exceeded.
   In order to view the remaining databases, some of the database
   backups that are shown will have to be deleted.

This usually would occur when old backups were not deleted from
TSM server storage using the /ADSMDELETE or /ADSMAUTODELETE commands.
In order to see the rest of the database backups, you will have to
delete some of your older backups, using the command above
or the GUI.

TDP for SQL version 2 no longer has this limitation. In addition,
version 2 "officially" supports SQL 2000.  (TDP for SQL version 1
does not support SQL 2000.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Life is short but sweet for certain..."    -- Dave