ADSM-L

Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!

2001-11-27 23:22:01
Subject: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:10:31 -0700
This looks like APAR IC29607.  Here is the closing text.

* USERS AFFECTED:
All TSM V3.7.0 and TSM V4.1.0 servers.
* PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Move Data within the same DISK stgpool does not always move
everything.
* RECOMMENDATION:
Apply fixing PTF when available.
Move Data within the same DISK stgpool, sometimes does not
move all the data.  This occurs when the data "grew" during
initial backup or if the size estimate sent by the client
was too low.  Incorrect size estimates cause the file to be
stored in multiple segments in the DISK stgpool.  Moving
within the same stgpool was not handling these other segments.
Move Data within the same DISK stgpool has been updated to
correctly handle multi-segment bitfiles.
Customers can issue Move Data command(s) against the volume
until the volume is empty.  Alternatively the customer can
move the volume to a temporary sequential stgpool, update the
DISK volume access=readonly to ensure the original volume stays
empty, then Move Data back to the DISK stgpool.

Dave Cannon
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
Tivoli Systems, IBM Corporation
dcannon AT us.ibm DOT com
Tie-line: 321-4052     Phone: (520)799-4052