ADSM-L

netware/groupwise archives

2001-11-27 14:42:49
Subject: netware/groupwise archives
From: Keith Jones <JonesK AT DHSS.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:14:22 -0600
We have started backing up the Netware Servers on our network which are all at
5.1.. we are currently on TSM 4.1, the incrementals are working good not a lot
of problem there.. But when it comes to archiving the Groupwise volumes it
takes a long time.  same with when it expires the files.. there is about 12.8
gig but this is made up of a lot of small files. Is anyone archiving Groupwise
off of a Netware server and is there a way to speed up the archiving of a lot
of small files.?