ADSM-L

Re: Backupset

2001-11-27 12:52:03
Subject: Re: Backupset
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:50:43 -0500
Yep..and Yep...

I perform a Backup Set on 5 servers at once daily (I have 10 drives
thought). These are the servers I need to get up first in case of a
disaster. Of course the creation of Backup Sets for a node uses the
onsite copy tapes. So if the tape being read from has information for
the other backup set then it will wait until the tape is available. As
for the what tape to write to, you indicate that in the command options.
Be aware that if the node you are creating a backup set for is located
on several tapes (in the onsite copy set) then it will take a while.

So for the best way to achieve this is to turn on collocation for your
onsite copy tapes. This is what I have (alot of space in my library).
This will insure that speed is at max, and that the different backup
sets are not fighting for the data tape.

Im still experimenting with backup sets, so I am still in learning mode
about them.

Hope this helps.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited