ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade of ADSM to TSM

2001-11-27 07:09:16
Subject: Re: Upgrade of ADSM to TSM
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORYHEALTHCARE DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:06:25 -0500
Mpho,

I recently went from ADSM 3.1.2.55 to TSM 4.1.4.0.

I followed the instructions in the Quick Start guide.  Prior to the
upgrade, I backed up the O/S and ran two backups of the ADSM database.
I shutdown ADSM, and proceeded with the upgrade.

All went very smoothly.  I installed 4.1 from the CD, then immediately
put the patches on to get to 4.1.4.0.

Tom Melton
Emory HealthCare

>>> mmakhura AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA 11/27/01 03:11AM >>>
Hi all,

I am upgrading ADSM v3.1.2.20 to TSM v4.1. Can anybody who has done
this
please tell me how to do it? Do I have to upgrade ADSM first to the
latest
fix which is v3.1.2.90 or I must just upgrade.

When upgrading do I shut ADSM down or do I unistall ADSM then install
TSM?

Regards
Mpho

"This message may contain information which is confidential, private
or
privileged in nature.   If you are not the intended recipient, you may
not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which
is
attached to this message.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,  facsimile or telephone
and
thereafter return and/or destroy the original message.
 Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where
the
sender specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Proprietary)
Limited
("Faritec") and/or Midrange Distribution Services (Pty) Ltd.
Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached
files
for viruses and the like.  While we do everything possible to protect
information from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever
nature
for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or
indirectly
from the access and/or downloading of any files which are attached to
this
e-mail message."