ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange 5.5 version 4

2001-11-26 11:49:23
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange 5.5 version 4
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:47:08 -0500
> I have installed TDP on my Exchange 5.5 server.  I also have TSM NT
Client
> 4.2 install on this machine also.  The Client backs up the NT files and
the
> TDP Client backs up my databases.  Can someone tell me if TDP backs up
the
> EDB.log files because when the NT client back up tries to backup the log
> files it fails because they are in use.  If someone could shoot me a link
> what TDP covers and doesn't that would be great.  I need to get this back
> stop failing.

Chad,

With Exchange 5.5, TDP for Exchange backs up the
database files (.EDB) and the log files (.LOG).
You should exclude those files from backup
when setting up your standard BA client for
backing up files since TDP for Exchange
handles those files for you.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono