ADSM-L

Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!

2001-11-26 09:28:48
Subject: Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:26:04 -0500
Hi Eric,

I had this same problem on 3.7.4 for AIX.  I think it's a known bug, I found
it in IBMLINK somewhere, but I can't remember where now.  .

The explanation was in the APAR, which I don't remember exactly; I think it
has to do with filespaces that are split over multiple diskpool volumes, or
something like that.

Anyway, the workaround is to start the MOVE DATA again, pointing to your
TAPE pool (or probably any SEQUENTIAL pool will do).

If that doesn't do it, run an AUDIT FIX on the diskpool volume.

One or the other has always cleared it up for me.

Hope that helps.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert