ADSM-L

Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!

2001-11-26 09:02:23
Subject: Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:58:24 +0100
Do you have
"cache migrated files yes" on this volumes ?
This  would explain a little bit .

herfried

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
26.11.2001 14:11:48

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!

Hi *SM-ers!
I'm moving my diskpool to new disks.
I added the new disks to the diskpool and I updated the old disk volumes to
read-only. Then I started a move data to empty the old volumes. The move
data works fine, but at the end (with a completion state of SUCCESS) there
is still data left on the volumes! I can't get rid of this data and thus I
can't delete the old volumes!
Does anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for any reply!!!
BTW: I'm running TSM 3.7.4 on AIX 4.3.3.50
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij
NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the
incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.