ADSM-L

Filespace full during restore/retrieve.

2001-11-23 05:33:37
Subject: Filespace full during restore/retrieve.
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:31:00 +0100
Hello there,

Our Oracle DBA's sometimes run into the following problem when they do a
retrieve from one server to another. In some occasions the target filesystem
runs out of space and the script, which runs unattended, asks for user
interaction. We are unable to interact with the script, because it runs in
the backuground. The problem is the following. TSM (ADSM in our case)
generates messages because it doesn't recieve the response it expects. This
makes the filespace where the logging goes fill up dramaticly too, ending in
a 100% full filespace too.

My question: Is there an option to prevent TSM from asking what to do in
case of a "out of space" problem and just terminate the restore/retrieve
action?

Ilja G. Coolen

      ABP / USZO
      ABP / USZO
      CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
      Telefoon : +31(0)45  579 7938
      Fax : +31(0)45  579 3990
      Email : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl
      Intranet
     : Storage Web

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -
Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -