ADSM-L

3590E tape query

2001-11-23 04:58:10
Subject: 3590E tape query
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:24:49 +0530
Hi,

I have 2 x 3590 E11 drives connected to SCSI controller (with FC 6204)
installed in RS/6000 SP2 wide node with AIX 4.3.3 .

The 3590E drive has following microcode details

EC Level - F25980

LINK  DOID_25D

I have got one Extended 3590 (Imation make Black Watch) 20GB / 40 GB tape
cartridge (IBM P/N 05H3188). I am trying to test the tape using TEST MEDIA
option under VERIFY FIX in maintenance mode. After inserting the tape in
priority slot (keeping the drive in Manual mode), the control panel displays
ATTN DRV with message Invalid Cartridge. I have tried several cartridges
this way but everytime it gives some error message.

As per attached specification sheet, this tape should function

What could be the problem ?

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (India)