ADSM-L

Re: Dumb Exchange question

2001-11-21 18:07:40
Subject: Re: Dumb Exchange question
From: "BURDEN,Anthony" <Anthony.BURDEN AT DEWRSB.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:05:01 +1100
Hi All

I have to disagree about some things here, (not all). I run a large TSM
site, Three TSM server's in production all Microsoft NT server clients
etc, I like TSM, but we have removed TSM exchange backups to a product
called Galaxy(Comvault), you should look at what it can do, and yes I
know of some Microsoft offices using it too. The product supports both
message level and db level backups and restores and has work very well,
even during the migration from 5.5 to 2000. The speed in not to bad,
maybe two hours for an incremental backup of messages on a  30 GB Db.
The first capture I think was 7-8 hours. We run full DB backups as well
each night as well. Its used daily here and there has been no problems
for the last 10 months with regard to exchange service packs etc. I
guess if there's a market for a product you have to supply it, and
that's what others have done.

That's all, But I must also say the TSM exchange connect agent works
well, and we have used it many times for DB restores.

Anthony.