ADSM-L

dsmfmt question

2001-11-21 09:56:19
Subject: dsmfmt question
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:53:38 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
I will replace my 9 Gb. SSA disks in the very near future. The new disks (36
Gb. 10.000 rpm) will have to be added to the diskpool one by one.
I remember from the last time that it was quite difficult to allocate a disk
file which fills the disk completely. If you have, for instance, a 9 Gb.
disk, you cannot create a 9 Gb. file by issuing a DSMFMT -G -DATA filename
9. This results in an error indicating the there isn't enough space
available. Apparently the dsmfmt utility needs a little bit overhead space.
Does anybody know how to calculate the maximum space one can specify to fill
the disk to it's maximum?
Thanks in advance for any reply!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.