ADSM-L

move server

2001-11-20 09:37:50
Subject: move server
From: Klaus Weber <WeberKJ AT ALTE-LEIPZIGER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:20:12 +0100
Hello,
actually we have 3 tsm - server on OS/390 and 1 tsm -server on W2K.
Now we want to consolidate all these server to one on SUN Solaris, but the
tapes will stay in th same library with the same devices.

How can I move these server to SUN Solaris without copy a lot of data
physically, because this will need a long time and a lot amount of tape
drives?

Can I backup the database and restore it on SUN Solaris to avoid coping the
data ?
Or can I use server to server connection in any usefull way ?

In the case I have to install a new tsm server so the data on the old one
will expire:
How does the old tsm server know there are new versions of files on the new
one?
So the data on the old server can expire if I get newer versions on the new
server.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Klaus Johann Weber
Alte Leipziger Lebensversicherungsgesellschaft a.G.
Rechenzentrum - Qualitätssicherung
Tel. (06171) 66-4861, Fax (06171) 66-7500 4861
Mobil 0174 3164800
mailto:WeberKJ AT alte-leipziger DOT de
www.alte-leipziger.de