ADSM-L

bare metal recovery for NT2000

2001-11-20 09:04:48
Subject: bare metal recovery for NT2000
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:02:49 +0100
hello all out there,

BMR related questions seem to repeat periodically
and good solutions are not obvious.

I would like to share results of my trivial search after tools for TSM
related BMR of W2000:

virtually no support in current TSM clients, if any

rumours about BMR (either additional functionality or additional
module$$) in the next version of TSM,
maybe adoption of the Kernel Group´s solution, maybe Tivoli´s own
solution.

currently available BMR from Kernel group looks good,
its limitation could be its high costs,
and for some of us the necessity to install an additional unix-based
BMR-server applikation.

there is currently available BMR solutions in different simpler backup
packages (not TSMM-related).
I gave a look to Pc-Bax from Cristie, Germany, because I know older
versions
of this simple but good backup program, and I liked the support as well.

They currently do have a usefull BMR module but without TSM
connectivity.
They had TSM-conectivity in the past and they claim to offer this module
soon again.

They are much cheaper than the solution from Kernel Group.

For those interested I will likely test this in january or february,
but I currently do not know more details,
so please if you have questions do contact  ReinhardT AT Cristie DOT de
http://www.cristie.com

I posted his name here with allowance from Mr. Svensson / Sweeden
who implemented mixed scenario of Pc-Bax and TSM.
His solutions is shortly desribed further, in appended copy of his mail.

best regards

Juraj Salak
Asamer Familienholding
j.salak AT asamer DOT at